Here we go again. We started our shift with only a small remainder to be done on the A-check but then one of the B-1 guy's found damage on a conduit in the nose wheel well.
The conduit had been damaged beyond repair and needed to be replaced.
He allready ordered a new conduit and I could get started.
the damaged conduit

The damage is at the bottom bend.
damage

I cut the locking wires and disconnect the bottom connector plugs of the conduit.
disconnected bottom

I will need to gain access to this junction box to get to the terminal blocks where I need to disconnect the wiring.
junction box

So let's start. I open up the junction box.
opening junction box

There, the junction box is opened.
open junction box

There is the terminal block, the exit at the bottom right and the one at the bottom are the two exits that lead to the conduit.
terminal block

Then I mark the terminal blocks and disconnect them from the holder.
terminal block removed

These particular pins are to be removed by pulling force rather than pushing them through, these are called 'rear-release' pins. I insert the extract tool (the white end) and when I need to reinstall the pin I use the insert tool (the colored end, color coded for size).
removing a pin
I push the extract until the pin unlocks

And then just pull it out.
pin removed

Then I connect some tie lacing rope to one of the wires that I'm going to pull through, this one if for the taxi light. the other 6 wires are for both the air/ground sensing switches wich senses if the nosegear is on the ground or in the air.
connect rope

I am unable to pull the two taxi light wires through the conduit because the pins won't make the bends with the proximity switch wiring also in the conduit. So I decide to cut the pins off and crimp new ones on later.
I pull the taxi light wires through the conduit.
pulling on the wire

Then the other wires and one part of the conduit is now loose.
half of conduit loose

Only three more wires to go now.
three more wires

The old conduit comes off and I put it on the table next to the new conduit. As u can see the new conduit is longer. This is most probably because the shorter one damages at the low bend (this part get's damaged from time to time).
the conduits
The left one is the old one and the right one is the new one.

I put the new conduit in position and feed the wires through.
new conduit in place

I start feeding the wires through and connecting the conduit.
connecting conduit

Here's the crimping tool set again to crimp the two pins that I've cut off onto the taxi light wires.
crimptoolset

I first feed the wires up through the conduits and through the metal pipes into the junction box.
wiring up into junction box

I crimp the pins and insert the wires into the terminal block.
inserting the pins

Here's me putting the last three pins in.
Me

The pins are inserted and the terminal block can be locked.
almost finished

I lock the terminal block and put the tie laces around the wire loom.
ready to close the junction box

I close the junction box and wirelock the conduit's connectors and this is what the new conduit now looks like.
the new conduit
Now I need to test the taxi light and both the air ground switches because these wires were disconnected.

I do the tests and all the wires are still working correctly. Here's the taxi light on.
taxi light

This is one of the air/ground sensors.
air ground switch

The conduit is replaced, the wires are tested, jobs done and It's time to go home.